Find Your Career
If you have a job posting you would like posted on the CWCMA.org website Please send to: CWCMA@imblake.com
The Bakersfield Californian, a family owned newspaper located about 2 hours from Los Angeles, CA is currently recruiting a Circulation Manager. This position will direct and oversee all functions of our Circulation department including successfully leading and managing a team to reach goals, increase subscribers, seek out and implement strategies to target new customers while delivering first class customer service to all touch points and improve the customer experience. This person will be expected to take the lead in developing and implementing successful campaigns and marketing plans that support audience development, membership and growth for paid circulation, retention and digital products.
• Previous Circulation management experience preferred
• History of sales and retention management, preferably in a media/publishing environment
• A strong background in customer service and excellent customer skills
• Analytical skills a must
• The ability to exceed expectations in a results-oriented environment.
• Professional written, verbal communication, telephone and interpersonal skills, including approachability.
• Effective time management skills
• Proven ability to train and develop staff and vendors and improve accountability
• Proficiency with Microsoft office, especially Excel and Powerpoint, and the quantitative skills to create operations reports for CFO and present new meaningful circulation metrics to senior leadership
• High diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable DMV record and independent transportation
All interested candidates should submit a resume/application to:
Attn: Human Resources – Circulation Manager
PO Box 440
Bakersfield, CA 93302-0440
All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screen, and a background investigation
Equal Opportunity Employer